We welcome your ideas. To propose a program, please fill out our Program Proposal form.
Forums are scheduled months in advance. If your proposal is accepted, the forum may be scheduled for anywhere from four to twelve months (or more) ahead. If you require specific dates (for example, your proposed speaker is only in town for a single weekend), please include the required dates in your proposal.
Your proposal should include:
- What is the topic?
- Why is this relevant to our community?
- What new information will the audience take away?
- If this is a panel, what specifically would each speaker be addressing?
- How should multiple points of view be presented?
Forum program selection is made by City Club’s Programs Committee, who consider the following criteria:
- Speaker Criteria
- Established speaking ability
- Expertise and prominence of speaker(s)
- Lack of “hidden agenda” or self-promotion
- Subject Matter
- Clearly-defined and concise subject
- A topic of broad interest to members and the community
- Locally relevant
- All or multiple points of view presented
- Other Considerations
- Format (panel, single speaker, debate, etc.)
- Marketing possibilities (sponsors, etc.)
- Source of the recommendation
NOTE: With rare exceptions, City Club forums do not present only one point of view. Be sure to indicate how your proposed program will ensure the audience understands all or many points of view on the subject after attending the forum. Also, for a variety of reasons, we cannot guarantee that forum proposal will be exactly as proposed and that the speaker(s) you suggest will be part of the forum.