During this livestream, Erika McCalpine and Zak Boone, co-Chairs of City Club’s Civility Project, will facilitate a conversation with two Black men, Marcus LeGrand and Rob Garrott, about their personal experiences living in Central Oregon; especially during these times of racial unrest.
In addition, we will speak to Police Chief Jim Porter to learn what the Bend Police Department is doing to ensure the departments’ encounters with Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOCs) in Central Oregon are safe.
- Marcus LeGrand: Project Consultant, Allyship in Action
- Rob Garrott: Lifelong learner, communicator and educator
- Jim Porter: Police Chief, City of Bend
- Erika McCalpine: Instructor, OSU-Cascades
- Zak Boone: Chief Advancement Officer & Executive Director of COCC Foundation