Bend, Ore. (November 3, 2020) Members of City Club of Central Oregon elected Blair Garland as board president and three new board members.
Garland will serve a one-year term as board president, following Gwenn Wysling, who served in this leadership role in the 2020 term. Wysling replaced Lisa Dobey following her move away from the region. Members also elected Jacob Fain as president-elect.
“City Club plays such an important role, leading discussion on critical issues within our community. I’ve been impressed with the talent, commitment and energy of our board members and volunteers, and I’m proud to serve the organization,” said Garland.
Blair Garland serves as Senior Director of Community Relations and Marketing at Oregon State University – Cascades. Garland moved to Central Oregon from Roanoke, Va., nearly three years ago and has been an active local citizen ever since.
“Blair’s love of our community, higher education and collaborative processes makes Blair an ideal City Club president,” said Executive Director Joey Drucker.
The newly elected board members are regional leaders who will serve alongside current board members to lead City Club of Central Oregon into the future. The new board additions are:
- Kat Mastrangelo, Executive Director at Volunteers in Medicine Clinic of the Cascades
- Elaine Knobbs-Seasholtz, Director of Strategy and Development at Mosaic Medical
- Lisa Goodman, Public Information and Government Affairs Officer at St. Charles Health System
Continuing and re-elected board members:
- Bill Buchanan, Attorney at Buchanan Schmid LLC
- John Cozier, Customer Service Manager/Title Officer at First American Title
- Scott Douglass, CEO and Co-Founder of Cascade Relays and The Haven
- Jacob Fain, Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley
- Jeff Lundin, Controller at Kirby Nagelhout Construction Co.
- Erika McCalpine, Instructor at Oregon State University-Cascades
- Linda Orcelletto, Special Gifts Officer at Skeptoid Media Inc.
- Ruth Williamson, Owner of Ruth Williamson Consulting
- Harrison Womack, Owner and Director of Customer Centrality at New Fathom
- Gwenn Wysling, Executive Director at Bethlehem Inn
Board members whose terms are completed are:
- Dave DeRose, Commercial and Business Banking Manager at U.S. Bank
- Matt Ertle, Strategic-Partner at PrideStaff
- Tyler Honzel, Solutions Consultant at TDS Telecommunications LLC
- Jim Lussier, Owner of The Lussier Center
- Ruth Shilling, Operations Manager at Stroke Awareness Oregon